Sociology at CSU
Our nationally and internationally-renowned Sociology faculty are accessible and committed to doing teaching and research that matter. We prepare our students to effectively examine how broad social structural processes connect and shape individual and group behavior and – simultaneously – how we as individuals together shape and structure broader processes of change.
The challenges facing our world today are increasingly and increasingly global. Our discipline offers the critical analytical, research and communication skills sought by employers looking for people who can successfully navigate complex situations, work in teams and make solid professional contributions to effective solutions. Sociology offers students virtually unlimited opportunities for to make a positive difference.
Research, Outreach & Engagement
The new CIOSU will work to advance University efforts toward strengthening the economic, environmental, cultural and social foundations of the state’s local and regional food systems.
Dr. Tara Opsal has been selected as a 2022 Career Impact Award recipient by CSU’s Career Center. This award recognizes students, staff, faculty, employers, and alumni […]
September 28, 2023
September 12, 2023
- SOC Community Gathering – “Getting to Know Our Colleagues: Drs. Shawn Bingham and Steve Dandaneau talk the Sociology of Disabilities
- Equity Dialogs: The Potential Pitfalls of Self-Care
- Hate in the Homeland: Far Right Threats to Democracy and What We Can Do – Dr. Cynthia Miller-Idriss
- Environmental Advocacy in a Contentious World – Dr. David Sonnenfeld
- Qualitative Agrifood Scholar Visit: Dr. Shoshana Inwood, Rural Sociologist